UPDATING 20130731 gio-fam-backend

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 21:26:35 UTC 2013

I believe the note on in UPDATING 20130731 is incorrect, as least as far as
portmaster. I don't use portupgrade, so I can't say how it behaves. This
also assumes that pkgng is not in use.

If you do "portmaster -r gio-fam-backend" it will fail as it treats glib20
as a replacement for gio-fam-backend. As a result, after building the new
glib port, it tries to install it without deleting the old version and
fails. This can be avoided by using the command "pkg_delete -f glib-2.\*"
before the instructions currently provided.

Also, depending on the version of portmaster, gio-fam-backend may be
automatically deleted by the portmaster -r command, so the pkg_delete of
gio-fam-backend may fail.

I have updated about a half dozen systems and all have required that the
gio-fam-backend be deleted first to allow the portmaster -r to work.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com