ports/165318: sysutils/hal: Western Digital Passport no longer "removable"

Mel Flynn rflynn at acsalaska.net
Sat Mar 17 18:50:13 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR ports/165318; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mel Flynn <rflynn at acsalaska.net>
To: mezz at FreeBSD.org
Cc: gnome at FreeBSD.org, bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/165318: sysutils/hal: Western Digital Passport no longer
 "removable"
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:40:11 +0100

 On 3/17/2012 18:43, mezz at FreeBSD.org wrote:
 > Synopsis: sysutils/hal: Western Digital Passport no longer "removable"
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > State-Changed-By: mezz
 > State-Changed-When: Sat Mar 17 17:43:16 UTC 2012
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > Have you follow this yet?: http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/halfaq.html#q3

 Yes. HalFaq was followed on installation of the desktop and at that time
 the disk was correctly identified as removable.

 Now, when we try to mount the disk the policykit error refers to
 mount-fixed permission, not mount-removable. The users have
 mount-removable permissions (and now mount-fixed as a work around).
 The lshal output provided with the report, clearly shows that removable
 is not set. I've done tracing in hald source to see where it gets it's
 info from and it points to cam, but I'm unable to figure out how to get
 that info from camcontrol(8). If you know a way how to do that, I'll add
 it to the report.
 --
 Mel