ports/163807: print/libgnomeprint CUPS Option Patch

A.J. Kehoe IV (Nanoman) aE7qL1CN at nanoman.ca
Mon Apr 16 15:40:12 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR ports/163807; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "A.J. Kehoe IV (Nanoman)" <aE7qL1CN at nanoman.ca>
To: rm at FreeBSD.org
Cc: gnome at freebsd.org,
 bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/163807: print/libgnomeprint CUPS Option Patch
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:33:01 -0400 (EDT)

 > Synopsis: print/libgnomeprint CUPS Option Patch
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
 > State-Changed-By: rm
 > State-Changed-When: Sun Jan 8 18:21:41 UTC 2012
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > Closed by submitter's request

 Please resurrect this PR.  It seems that, despite what I was led to
 believe, FreeBSD doesn't actually have a system for handling automatic
 dependencies.  This topic is now covered in the FreeBSD Porter's Handbook
 under "Problems Caused by Automatic Dependencies":

 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-depend.html#AEN2421

 The print/libgnomeprint Makefile hasn't changed since before this PR was
 opened, so the patch I submitted can be committed without modification.

 My thanks to everybody who gave me feedback regarding this issue,
 especially the FreeBSD Ports Management Team and Warren Block.