all gnome apps hang after a short while

Mathias Picker Mathias.Picker at gmx.de
Wed Sep 21 09:45:38 UTC 2011

For example, opening a new tab in gnome-terminal or firefox hangs them, trying to write an email stops evolution. The new tab/windows are not shown. epiphany does not even start.

I'm running -current from yesterday and did a portsnap / portmaster -a yesterday, which rebuild quite a lot of X related things.

I just rebuild gtk, glib, cairo, libgnome\* gnome-terminal, evolution, xcb, the symptom stays.

Anyone else seeing this? Any idea what I can do / where to look, how to debug?

Writing this from my smartphone :(

Oh, and xterm / xedit work fine.

Thanks, Mathias