Help with gnome2 reinstall

Scott Ballantyne sdb at ssr.com
Mon Sep 12 20:44:31 UTC 2011

Hello,

For sometime now, I have been trying to update my ports. Updating
Mozilla caused libnotify and libproxy to disappear, and I have not
been succesful in following the procedure in UPDATING for reinstalling
them. It was suggested on the questions list that I should just nuke
the ports tree and start over, but before I did that, I thought I
would just try to reinstall GNOME2, since that was where most of the
problems were occurring.

I followed FAQ #6, and did

pkg_delete -rf pkg-config\*
cd /usr/ports/x11/gnome2

And I found that it was refusing to build ghostscript, which was
removed by the pkg_delete. Here is the last bit of the build:

-------
cat ./obj/../soobj/ld.tr >>./obj/../soobj/ldt.tr
cat: ./obj/../soobj/ld.tr: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [bin/../sobin/libgs.so.9.02] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/print/ghostscript9/work/ghostscript-9.02'
gmake: *** [so] Error 2
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/ghostscript9.
*** Error code 1