Working together for Desktop Integration

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 20 07:51:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 10:44:07AM -0400, Kris Moore wrote:

> Greetings all FreeBSD desktop users/porters/enthusiasts!
>
> At the developers summit / EuroBSDCon this last week, one of the things
> which came up was the idea of trying to unify some of our efforts for
> FreeBSD on the Desktop. Erwin Lansing asked me to send over some mail to
> the various porting projects inquiring about this, and also setting up a
> wiki page:
>
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/DesktopIntegration
>
> The wiki is just some of the things we discussed at the Dev Summit, but
> I'm sure you can all think of plenty of other areas where we can improve
> FreeBSD's desktop support. Feel free to add to it with your ideas /
> projects. In addition I'm thinking we might benefit from setting up a
> freebsd-desktop mailing list and using it to discuss these types of
> improvements. (Not sure who I have to ping about that, hopefully it's
> somebody reading this mail)
>
> If you are interested in being apart of this effort, please let both
> Erwin and I know.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems

Thanks,

I think we should create a new list (I'll ask for it next week if noone as done
it at that time)

Maybe we also should create a DesktopIntegrationWIP wiki page have
http://wiki.freebsd.org/DesktopIntegration for what has to be done and best
practice, and the WIP for the brainstorming, ideas and stuff like that.

I also CCed office@ and gecko at .

regards,
Bapt