Build problem - help wanted

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 20 03:57:39 UTC 2011

On 10/19/2011 20:13, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
> Still, to whoever the maintainer of gtk is... Shouldn't you, ya know, fix up
> the port dependencies?  You know, so that gtk depends on having
> gobject-introspection-0.10.x installed?

I don't know enough about the specifics to answer that question. However
in general the FreeBSD ports in general don't support partial updates.
The assumption is that all of your ports are up to date. We do our best
to support as much backwards compatibility as we can, but you're going
to have less trouble generally if you keep everything up to date.

Doug

			-- OK Go