Working together for Desktop Integration

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Fri Oct 14 15:02:12 UTC 2011

Greetings all FreeBSD desktop users/porters/enthusiasts!

At the developers summit / EuroBSDCon this last week, one of the things
which came up was the idea of trying to unify some of our efforts for
FreeBSD on the Desktop. Erwin Lansing asked me to send over some mail to
the various porting projects inquiring about this, and also setting up a
wiki page:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/DesktopIntegration

The wiki is just some of the things we discussed at the Dev Summit, but
I'm sure you can all think of plenty of other areas where we can improve
FreeBSD's desktop support. Feel free to add to it with your ideas /
projects. In addition I'm thinking we might benefit from setting up a
freebsd-desktop mailing list and using it to discuss these types of
improvements. (Not sure who I have to ping about that, hopefully it's
somebody reading this mail)

If you are interested in being apart of this effort, please let both
Erwin and I know.

Thanks!

--
Kris Moore