Cannot install FireFox flash plug-in on my PC

James C jcii2 at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 03:16:39 UTC 2011

While trying to install the FireFox flash Plug-in on my PC, I got the following error message:

===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to gnome at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/textproc/intltool/work/intltool-0.41.1/config.log" including the
output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/intltool.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/nspluginwrapper.

I attached a .tar.gz file to this email, with the following files:

1. The_Error_Message.txt - only the Error message that displayed after performing the make under the
/usr/ports/www/nspluginwrapper  directory.

2. The_Output_and_Error_Message.txt - the output, including the ERROR message, after performing the make under the
/usr/ports/www/nspluginwrapper  directory.

3. config.log - which is
/usr/ports/textproc/intltool/work/intltool-0.41.1/config.log

4. all_packages_installed_on_my_system.txt -
the overview of all packages installed on my system that was generated with the `ls
/var/db/pkg` command.

5. installation_procedure.txt - contains everything that I did to install fire fox and the Flash plug-in.

thanks in advance for your help.

jcii2.