How to remove KDE and How to install Gnome.

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue May 3 21:58:39 UTC 2011

> Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 09:01:00 -0400
> From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>
> On 05/02/2011 21:58, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> > On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Riack Raacvöejaמיכלאנג'לו
> > <saacnoraac at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I installed PC-BSD 8.2 (FreeBSD 8.2)  in my laptop,
> >> I would like to know, How to remove KDE and How to install
> >> Gnome from shell.
> > You will have to ask PC-BSD folks. I don't know where PC-BSD put stuff
> > in there as I don't use it.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mezz
> >

> In this case its the same way you would do it on FreeBSD, just
> pkg_delete all the KDE stuff, and start adding Gnome packages, or build
> from ports. Either way, its not for the faint of heart ;)

Assuming that it is like FreeBSD, use portmaster. Look at the examples
on the man page and find the instructions to re-install all ports.
After the first step, edit the output file to remove the KDE ports from
the list. Complete the instructions for re-installation and then
'portmaster x11/gnome2'.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)