updating transmission

Jeremy Messenger mezz.freebsd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 15:27:02 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 8:07 AM, Koop Mast <kwm at rainbow-runner.nl> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-03-05 at 13:59 +0100, Barbara wrote:
>> I had troubles upgrading all the transmission ports (except www/transmission-
>> web).
>> I noticed that while upgrading libevent2 has been installed.
>> So I had to force the removal of libevent-1.4.14b_2 and after that the upgrade
>> worked.
>> Maybe we need a
>> # portupgrade -o devel/libevent2 devel/libevent
>> before?
>>
>> Barbara
>
> libevent2 isn't 100% API compatibly with libevent. Best thing to do is
> stick with libevent. And as far as I see transmission still depends on
> libevent

Actually, Transmission 2.2x requires libevent2 now.

I am not sure what kind of problem that you are seeing? Can you post
the error? The libevent and libevent2 aren't conflict as they both
have complete different pkg-plist and can be installed as in parallel,
so you don't need to do the 'port* -o devel/libevent2 devel/libevent'.

--
mezz.freebsd at gmail.com - mezz at FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team