pulseaudio: module.c: module-detect is deprecated: Please use module-udev-detect instead of module-detect!

Andriy Gapon avg at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 3 12:03:42 UTC 2011

on 03/03/2011 12:58 Andriy Gapon said the following:
> on 03/03/2011 01:41 Koop Mast said the following:
>>
>> Could you give this patch a try? It should get rid of the message. Just
>> put it in audio/pulseaudio/files.
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~kwm/patch-src_modules_module-detect.c
>
> The patch works as expected.  Thank you!
>
> BTW, I also found the following change necessary in my environment.
> Without it I can not record from full-duplex devices, only play through them.

Also, on the latest CURRENT some additional patching is required.
We now have sys/capability.h header, but it's probably not compatible with what
pulseaudio's configure knows about, because it doesn't provide cap_t type.  And
that causes build to fail.  I've just manually patched config.h after configure
step.
--
Andriy Gapon