transmission[-gtk2] and NetGear router

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Mon Jul 11 18:45:21 UTC 2011

Hi there.

Just after net-p2p/transmission-gtk2 was updated to 2.32, i started
facing with reproducible NetGear router crash right after i start
transmission. So i switched to net-p2p/deluge and the problem is gone.
I realized (with hint of a friend) that µTP may be the trigger of
this, so i tried to recompile transmission with --disable-utp and
now all is working as before - router no more crashes.

I think it will be nice to have something like this:

.if defined(WITHOUT_UTP)
	CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--disable-utp
.endif

In port's Makefile. AFAIK i can't disable µTP from the application
menu, only on compile stage. I would be glad to see this committed.
Thanks.

--
Regards,
Ruslan