Weird gnome terminal behavior

Harald Servat redcrash at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 20:48:28 UTC 2011

Hello,

  I'm using FreeBSD 8.2-PRERELEASE and Gnome 2.32.1

  When I'm on typing on the gnome-terminal I observe a weird behavior when
the line I'm typing is long enough. Ideally, the terminal should cut the
word and add "visual" enter (although not adding such character on the
line), but on my terminal that enter does not exist and starts overwriting
the first characters (i.e., the prompt)

  I'm adding a screenshot of such behavior.

  Notice, also, that the line does not cuts at the last column of the
terminal, but some before. Any idea on what could I try or what should I
look for to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance!