ports/153506: ports/net-im/papyon (py26-papyon-0.5.4) gets Signal 11

David E. Cross crossd at cs.rpi.edu
Fri Jan 28 19:10:09 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR ports/153506; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "David E. Cross" <crossd at cs.rpi.edu>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, maho at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/153506: ports/net-im/papyon (py26-papyon-0.5.4) gets Signal
 11
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:49:59 -0500 (EST)

 I just stumbled across this on 8.2-RC2, and was able to reproduce it.. I
 know the cause (and a fix.. but I don't think the "right" fix).

 The cause is having openssl from ports intsalled *after* pyton is built,
 such that python's ssl library is linked against base openssl, and the
 py-OpenSSL package (which is a prereq for this one) is linked against the
 ports version.

 The fix I did was to recompile python now that openssl was installed and
 viola..

 This should be re-opened.. but I am unsure if it belongs to papyon,
 python, or py-OpenSSL.

 --
 David E. Cross