ports/153740: graphics/inkscape fails to build

Jeremy Messenger mezz.freebsd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 21:07:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Koop Mast <kwm at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 14:39 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

>> > I've got a machine that qualifies under these situations, is there an easy
>> > way to remove all ports installed? This might be useful for preforming a
>> > binary upgrade of said machine over the wire.
>>
>> If you have nvidia-driver or/and linux stuff, uninstall those by use
>> pkg_delete first. After that, do the 'rm -rf /usr/local/*
>> /var/db/pkg/*'.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mezz
>>

> whats wrong with a good old fasioned "pkg_delete -a"? Also users
> shouldn't touch /var/db/pkg.

It's a lot faster than pkg_delete. :-) Also, sometimes when you do the
pkg_delete. There are a few directories and even a few files left
over. The 'rm -rf' will never fail the task.

Oh by the way, don't forget to back up your /usr/local/etc/* if you
have tweaked any in there. I don't, so I don't have to worry any about
it.

--
mezz.freebsd at gmail.com - mezz at FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team