disk volumes under "places" in file manager

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at freebsd.org
Sat Dec 31 15:50:18 UTC 2011

On 12/30/11 6:42 PM, R Skinner wrote:
> I don't know either. I'll have a look at the date it was published and
> see how far off they are from completion. I only asked because *if* it
> is coming then my own project would be pointless to pursue on any large
> scale, only as a bandaid solution until its arrival. Also depending on
> what FreeBSD policy will be on how it will be implemented.

Not sure what you're working on, but there is always a need to improve
the way GNOME integrates with FreeBSD.  I'm sure no one would be opposed
to someone taking a serious look at obsoleting hal on FreeBSD.  A port
of the various udev-based libraries from Linux would be nice (upower is
done), but anything that accomplishes easy automounting and volume
management would be a good start.

Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome