disk volumes under "places" in file manager

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at freebsd.org
Sat Dec 31 15:48:32 UTC 2011

On 12/31/11 12:29 AM, R Skinner wrote:
> On 12/31/11 09:20, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>> On 12/30/11 6:07 PM, R Skinner wrote:
>>
>>> No- kio, I believe. Thats what stumped me, I knew about kio through
>>> kio-slaves and what not. I had no idea its was exactly the same in
>>> Gnome; I thought they were supposed to be diametrically opposed?
>> No.  They are different, not necessarily opposite or uniquely different.

>>> I'm starting to get the idea that thats what I'm attempting to do... :(
>>>
>>> What about D-VFS? Is that on the horizon? Is it worth it?
>> Not sure.  I am personally not working on it.  I do not know if there is
>> official support in GNOME yet for it.
>>
>> Joe
>>
> I suppose I should just bite the bullet here. Would this be the list to
> ask gtk stuff? I don't use gnome or xfce, I use icewm; but the core of
> these is gtk. So would this be the list for this (developer)?
>
> If so then I might as well subscribe... :)

There may be people doing hardcore GTK+ development on this list.  In
general, this is about FreeBSD-specific discussions around using and
porting GNOME.  General questions about development, components, etc.
should really go to the main GNOME mailing lists.

Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome