[Evolution] evolution-2.32.1 (FreeBSD HEAD) && calendar not working

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Apr 28 18:16:56 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 06:12 -1000, Open Slate Project wrote:
> Do you guys know how to use irc?

Yes, thank you.

Although I find it to be a very suboptimal medium for receiving gdb
backtraces.

Not anywhere near as suboptimal as the copy of the backtrace that you
for some reason chose to include in your email though. Not only did you
repeat it for no adequately defined reason, you also mangled it beyond
*all* recognition.

I'm taking your question as an implicit suggestion that perhaps we
shouldn't be using the gnome at freebsd.org list for this discussion?

I'm not a member of the list and am only following Matthias' lead, but
it certainly seems like it might well be a "distribution-specific" issue
with the toolchain or packaging, so it seems like Matthias may be right
and it may be an appropriate use of the list.

Given that you are top-posting, failing to cite correctly, and posting
HTML, I'm very much inclined to disregard your opinion and go with
Matthias' choice, since he seems to have a certain amount of clue.

If someone who can actually drive an email client (and/or someone who
would be embarrassed to post in public using a mail client as broken as
the one you are trying to use, perhaps) were to express a desire to see
it moved off the list in question, perhaps I may pay a little more
attention.

As it is, we seem to be getting useful responses from other list members
to FreeBSD-specific issues, while I try to help Matthias get to the
bottom of the issue. That seems like it's exactly how a mailing list is
*supposed* to work, to me.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation