[Evolution] evolution-2.32.1 (FreeBSD HEAD) && calendar not working

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Apr 26 12:04:21 UTC 2011

El día Tuesday, April 26, 2011 a las 10:06:58AM +0100, David Woodhouse escribió:

> On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 08:32 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > > OK. So please run e-calendar-factory from the command line, preferably
> > > in gdb, and show *its* output when you reproduce the original problem.
> >
> > Just to make sure the procedure: do you want me to 1) start
> > e-calendar-factory in gdb and 2) start 'evolution -c mail' and 3) switch
> > in evolution to calendar function, correct? how evolution will make use
> > of the previous started e-calendar-factory?
>
> Evolution talks to e-calendar-factory over DBus. If there is a factory
> already running, it'll talk to the existing one. If there is *not* one
> already running, it gets started automatically by DBus activation.
>
> So you need to kill any existing e-calendar-factory process, then run a
> new one from a terminal so you can see its output (and debug it if it
> crashes). Then start Evolution, and it'll use your new factory.

[guru at vm-9Current ~]$ LANG=C gdb /usr/local/libexec/e-calendar-factory
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/local/libexec/e-calendar-factory
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible
causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking f
or ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Detai
ls -  1: Not running within active session)
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible
causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking f
or ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Detai
ls -  1: Not running within active session)
Server is up and running...

This is perhaps because:

[guru at vm-9Current ~]$ /usr/local/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon

** (gnome-settings-daemon:2803): WARNING **: Unable to initialize GTK+

and I don't see why gnome-settings-daemon does not come up ... :-(

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211