Questions about gconf and the schemas install/deinstall to prepare a Guake port

Sébastien Santoro dereckson at espace-win.org
Fri Nov 19 21:44:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

I prepared some months ago a guake port (a dropdown terminal) but
still have two issuse to solve before committing it:

(1) How to properly install the gconf schema?

I've had to manually write this command to install it (as user level :/):
gconftool-2 --install-schema-file /usr/local/etc/gconf/schemas/guake.schemas

If I try gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule
${PREFIX}/etc/gconf/schemas/guake.schemas, I got the following error:
Must set the GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE environment variable

If I read the man gconftool-2, to set it to a empty string forces
default value, but that doesn't seems the case (I got the same
message).
man excerpt:
       --makefile-install-rule
              Properly  installs  schema  files  on  the command line into the
              database. GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE environment variable should be set
              to a non-default config source or set to the empty string to use
              the default.

(2) How to properly deinstall the gconf schema?

I thought the following line would deinstall it properly:
GCONF_SCHEMAS=	guake.schemas

# GCONF_SCHEMAS     - Set the following to list of all schema files
#                     that your port installs. These schema files and
#                     %gconf.xml files will be automatically added to
#                     ${PLIST}. For example, if your port has
#                     "etc/gconf/schemas/(foo.schemas and bar.schemas)",
#                     add the following to your Makefile:
#                     "GCONF_SCHEMAS=foo.schemas bar.schemas".

But, when I look my config, entries are still there.
Is that because my clumsy --install-schema-file?

--
Sébastien Santoro aka Dereckson