ports/151725: sysutils/hal: hald fails to start with dbus-1.4

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Fri Nov 5 14:00:27 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR ports/151725; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, oberman at es.net
Subject: Re: ports/151725: sysutils/hal: hald fails to start with dbus-1.4
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 15:54:39 +0200

 It seems that I _might_ have the same or related problem.
 I have both dbus and hald enabled for automatic startup via rc system.
 After reboot I see that dbus daemon is running, but hald is not.
 I start hald (via its rc script) manually, but it still doesn't run.
 I repeat that step again and finally hald runs.

 Due to some unrelated problems I had to reboot a few times today and all the times
 it was like described above.  Unfortunately, because of those unrelated problems I
 haven't had a chance yet to debug this situation properly.

 --
 Andriy Gapon