firefox-3.5.9,1 and xorg issue [mostly solved]

Jimmie James jimmiejaz at gmail.com
Wed May 12 15:07:13 UTC 2010

On 05/12/10 04:13, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2010 00:17:02 -0400, Jimmie James wrote:
>> Totally up to date ports (problems with xorg and radeon, but using vesa
>> right now)
>>
>> Since the gnome import, firefox is crashing when I close tabs randomly,
>> running from the console, this is what I'm seeing.
>>
>> ~>uname -a
>> FreeBSD jimmiejaz.org 7.3-STABLE FreeBSD 7.3-STABLE #0: Tue Mar 23
>> 21:22:37 EDT 2010     root at jimmiejaz.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FORTYTWO  i386
>>

>> (npviewer.bin:60467): Gtk-WARNING **:
>> /usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so: ELF file OS ABI
>> invalid
>> The program 'firefox-bin' received an X Window System error.
>> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
>> The error was 'RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter)'.
>> [...]
>
> I've seen the same on 8-STABLE amd64.
>
> A Google search shows quite a lot of results for this error. Some
> discussions indicate the problem being related to libcairo2, for
> example:
>    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1837985
>
> I upgraded to firefox 3.6, up to now the problem has not occured again.

Thanks for the tip.  After updating to 3.6, the crashes appear to have
stopped, I've been using firefox for over an hour, including flash
sites, without a crash. However, the waring,
/usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so: ELF file OS ABI
invalid is still showing in a console.

Looking into that now.