databases/evolution-data-server: krb5 not found

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Tue May 11 11:35:15 UTC 2010

On 05/11/2010 01:38, Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> hi

Please, do not top post. Answering your mail is really difficult.

> Ehh, similar(?) problem while build of gnome-control-center:
> conflict of system and openssl's libcrypto.so:
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  19 Apr 30 12:00 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so ->  /lib/libcrypto.so.6
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  14 May  7 01:37 /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so ->  libcrypto.so.7
>
> It does not build with both.

Yes, there are some older ports (kde3 stuff) that do not build with
OpenSSL-1 installed, either, but I was able to build them temporarily
renaming the OpenSSL headers and libraries from the port. That does not
work for evolution-data-server, though, as it uses something during
build that links against libraries from the OpenSSL port. (And that hack
is probably not a good idea, if you want reliable applications.)

> 9-CURRENT, MarcusCom ports tree

I have had the problem on 8.0-RELEASE, 8-STABLE, the system described in
my first mail, a system that I never did any krb5 modifications at all,
before the recent gnome update, and after. (Always with similar ports
installed including security/openssl.)

Any solution (other then setting up a tinderbox for building)?

Thanks,
Jan Henrik