Grandfather dependencies completely out of control

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 2 21:19:39 UTC 2010

On 05/02/10 03:21, Koop Mast wrote:
> One of the scripts provided by devel/glib20 is a perl script. That is the reason why
> we need perl.

Thanks for the response, couple things come to mind. First, how  many
things actually make use of those perl/python scripts? If the number is
small they should probably be OPTIONS that default to off, or slave
ports as Thomas suggested.

Meanwhile, I still don't understand why qbittorrent needs a pkgdep on
perl when it cannot use perl in any way, and will not be affected in any
way if perl is updated, or disappears entirely. The glib dependency is 6
layers deep from qbittorrent, isn't this just a little silly?

Doug

			-- Propellerheads