Clipboard & Java Apps

Alex Huth a.huth at tmr.net
Mon Mar 22 13:40:31 UTC 2010

Hi!

I was waiting for this moment now many years. I have successfully setup
a FreeBSD laptop and got anything working.

One little problem is remaining and important for me. I am using JPWS as
a password tool for handling all the passwords needed for administration
at work. This tool copies the password of a entry to the clipboard and
then i can paste it for a ssh connect into a terminal session. It is a
Java App.

That´s how it worked in the past. Unfortunately i can no longer past
this into a terminal session, because the option is not available. The
tool said successfully copied to clipboard. When i copy something else,
for example from another terminal it is ok.

So, can someone give me a hint why this won´t work in the same gnome
environment only on a different OS?

Greetings

Alex