ports/146544: graphics/inkscape crashes when locale is enabled

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Tue Jul 20 21:20:03 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR ports/146544; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joerg Wunsch <j at uriah.heep.sax.de>
To: Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd at gmail.com>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/146544: graphics/inkscape crashes when locale is enabled
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 23:09:59 +0200

 As Jeremy Messenger wrote:

 > I have tried to reproduce your problem today by set my system to
 > es_ES.UTF-8 and I can't reproduce your problem. What's version of
 > inkscape do you have? Are all of your installed ports up to date?
 > Which lang did you used?

 I used de_DE.ISO8859-1 (or de_DE.UTF-8).

 Anyway, I'm suspecting the machine in question for somehow having a
 faulty C++ support where nested exception handlers don't work, for
 whatever reason.  I could basically reproduce that by a simple C++
 program that uses two nested exceptions.

 The machine has been migrated from an older version to FreeBSD 8.0 (I
 think I started migrating from a 6.x version, but I can't remember
 exactly right now).

 I guess you can close the bug as being not reproducible.  I'll have to
 migrate another machine to FreeBSD 8.x, and see whether it behaves the
 same or not.