nautilus crashing on "right click > properties"

Jerry freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Tue Jul 20 13:47:14 UTC 2010

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 16:16:00 +0400
Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> articulated:

> Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org> writes:
> > On 7/19/10 9:49 AM, Jerry wrote:
> >> FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE / amd64
> >> Platform Version 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5)
> >>
> >> I installed nautilus via the /usr/ports/sysutils/eiciel port. I can
> >> start nautilus successfully, however, whenever I right click on a file
> >> or directory and choose "properties", nautilus crashes. I tried to
> >> build it with debug support; however, I am not getting much info back.
> [...]
> >> Eel:ERROR:eel-wrap-table.c:494:wrap_table_get_num_fitting: assertion
> >> failed: (max_child_size > 0)
>
> Sometime ago I tried to use nautilus with fluxbox. Nautilus (launched
> at xterm) crashed with similar error. I didn't have full gnome2
> installation at that host.
>
> [...]
> >> I am not sure if the problem is actually with nautilus or eiciel.
> >
> > Most likely eiciel given the errors.  Remove it, and see if the crash
> > persists.
>
> I don't think that it's an eiciel fault. Since nautilus works with
> gnome I assume that not all dependencies are build/installed for
> pure nautilus port.

OK, I am not getting anywhere with this on my own. I ran nautilus via
truss and the output is available here:

http://www.seibercom.net/logs/nautilus.txt

Nautilus created a 'core' file. I ran it with gdb and this is the
output of that venture:

http://www.seibercom.net/logs/nautilus-core.txt

Perhaps someone can debug this for me.

--