R: Re: R: Re: ports/148272: polkit-gnome-authen core dumps when starting gnome

Barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Tue Jul 6 00:00:00 UTC 2010

>> ~/.
>>>
>>> You should have a /usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libgnomebreakpad.so
>>> file (installed by bug-buddy).
>>>

>> As I've said in another post, I have that file.
>> Anyway I think I've found a "solution" for that:
>> $ gconftool-2 --type=bool --set /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/gtk-
>> modules/gnomebreakpad false
>> This is obviously a single-user setting, so that should be done for every
user
>> logging in with GDM.
>> Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the other problem when running startx.
>
>Do you use any Linux GTK+ apps?

No, AFAIK. On startup?

>This warning could be coming from one of those that can't find a Linux ABI
> version of breakpad.  In any event, I don't think it's fatal.

I thought it was caused by polkit-gnome-auth... as reported in the backtrace,
wasn't it?
Anyway, no, it's not fatal. I've found it's dumping cores accidentally.

>I have been trying to reproduce all of these problems locally, and thus
>far I have not seen any of them.  I have two test machines both are
>i386.  One machine is running RELENG_8, and the other is -CURRENT.  I
>have tested an existing account upgraded from GNOME 2.0 as well as a new
>account.  Neither show any slowness, crashes, or strange errors in
>.xsession-errors.  I have only tested with GDM thus far.
>
>I have just finished updating my amd64 machine, so I will test with that
>machine as well.  If I cannot reproduce any of these problems, I will
>have to point people to GNOME's Bugzilla.

I have not updated my laptop since (about) the last month.
It's RELENG_8_0, i386, ports.
I'll made some test on it before and after updating the installed ports to see
what happens.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I'm not doing something needed (e.g. some
configurations).