R: Re: ports/148272: polkit-gnome-authen core dumps when starting gnome

Barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Mon Jul 5 21:36:43 UTC 2010

>On 7/4/10 5:00 PM, Barbara wrote:
>>
>> One is that polkit-gnome-authen.core is dumped in /var/gdm when logging in
>> with GDM, but everything seems working correctly.
>> I can't even remember how I've found it. The following line is printed in
~/.
>> xsession-errors:
>> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": libgnomebreakpad.so:
>> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
>You should have a /usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libgnomebreakpad.so
>file (installed by bug-buddy).

As I've said in another post, I have that file.
Anyway I think I've found a "solution" for that:
$ gconftool-2 --type=bool --set /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/gtk-
modules/gnomebreakpad false
This is obviously a single-user setting, so that should be done for every user
logging in with GDM.
Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the other problem when running startx.