Is there something wrong with the default dbus policy?

Bear jilingshu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 01:00:13 UTC 2010

hi,
Er... I think since I installed my first FreeBSD(7.0-RELEASE), this problem is already there...

------------------
Bear
2010-07-03

From:Chris Stankevitz
Send Date:2010-07-03 02:27:25
To:freebsd-gnome; Bear
CC:
Subject:Re: Is there something wrong with the default dbus policy?

--- On Thu, 7/1/10, Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> this
> time I am installing everything using ports, not
> packages.  This post leads me to believe my new
> strategy has a chance:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2010-June/024394.html
>
> I will report back.

I just rebuild my system using locally compiled ports instead of pkg_add.  As you suspected, the "dbus" problem has not gone away. :(

Has anybody been able to install FreeBSD and gnome in the past few weeks and not had this problem?

Chris