file-roller and p7zip

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Fri Jan 15 23:27:41 UTC 2010

Good day!

I have a problem when trying to open .zip files with file-roller and
when archivers/p7zip is installed (built with MINIMAL option).

If p7zip is installed, file-roller tries to open all .zip-files with
p7zip instead unzip. This error message appearing when i try to open
some zip-file:

===
7-Zip (A) 9.04 beta  Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov  2009-05-30
p7zip Version 9.04 (locale=ru_RU.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,1 CPU)

Error: /home/mrk/Desktop/Fantômas - Delirium Cordia (2003).zip: Can not
open file as archive

Errors: 1
===

If i deinstall archivers/p7zip, then .zip-files opens correctly.

Related ports versions that installed in my system:

p7zip-9.04          File archiver with high compression ratio
unzip-6.0           List, test and extract compressed files in a ZIP archive
zip-3.0             Create/update ZIP files compatible with pkzip
file-roller-2.28.2_1,1 An archive manager for zip files, tar, etc

What should i do to avoid this? I need to work with .7z archives too, so
i need p7zip.

Thanks in advance!