Abiword port: dependency not satisfied

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sat Jan 2 20:14:17 UTC 2010

> Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 13:19:26 -0600
> From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>
> On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 12:13:21 -0600, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov
> <cvs-src at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > Remove tarball from /usr/ports/distfiles/AbiWord and make install again.
>
> If I read his email correct, his problem is with boost-libs.
>
> > 02.01.2010 13:36, Andrea Biscuola пишет:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I tried to install abiword from freebsd ports tree and i have
> >> encountered a problem with "boost-libs" (a port dependency).
> >> When fetch try to download the source tar.bz from port's sites,
> >> fetch give me this response:"Requested Range Not Satisfiable".
> >> After having this response, fetch try to download the port from
> >> another site with the same result.
> >> Does this problem are known to you?
>
> No problem here. You can try to delete the boost tarball(s) in your
> /usr/ports/distfiles/ and make sure to checkout latest ports tree. Then
> try it again.
>
> By the way, we don't maintain boost-libs. You should contact to the
> correct maintainer.

It may be worth noting that boost was restructured rather significantly
in July and updated to version 1.41 just this week. I suspect that you
may have some bits of the old boost port mixed in with the current
one. I would suggest removing boost-libs and an other boost ports
(pkg_info -c boost\*) and then re-install them. Be sure that your ports
tree is up to date and that you are installing boost-libs-1.41.

I just tried and the tarball is fetchable, although the transfer rate I
got from sourceforge was painfully slow.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)