x11/gnome-terminal does not work in non-gnome environment

Павел Тимофеев timp at inbox.ru
Wed Feb 24 10:28:29 UTC 2010

Hi! Excuse me, i have a small problem with gnome-terminal.

I'm using FreeBSD 8.0 RELEASE and fluxbox 1.1.1 (or openbox).
And I have a problem: gnome-terminal does not work, it gives an error:
ERROR: terminal-app.c: 1445: terminal_app_init: assertion failed: (app-> system_font_desc! = NULL)

It works only after you install x11/libgnome, but only as root. Under the non-privileged user I have the same error.

Everything was installed from latest available version of ports.
Thank you very much!