Current problem reports assigned to gnome@FreeBSD.org

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Feb 3 21:34:07 UTC 2010

In message <201002011107.o11B7IF9063110 at freefall.freebsd.org>,
FreeBSD bugmaster <bugmaster at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

>Note: to view an individual PR, use:
>  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=(number).
>
>The following is a listing of current problems submitted by FreeBSD users.
>These represent problem reports covering all versions including
>experimental development code and obsolete releases.

There are a number of other problems in gnome-related ports that I have
been meaning to report, althought I haven;'t yet managed to get the
necessary free time to even file PRs on these things.  I'll describe
them briefly now, and just ask for advice about them. (Perhaps these
are things that somebody here on this list already has solutions for?)

=======

1)
Firefox 3.5.7 crashes frequently... sometime with a coredump, often not.

2)
gthumb-2.10.11_1 -- HELP functionality simply doesn't work (gives an error
message when you try).  So basically, there's no online manual for gthumb. :-(

3)
gthumb-2.10.11_1 -- When reviewing a sequence of JPEGs within a given directory
(sequentially, using left-mouse-click to sequence thru them), gthumb
occasionally (and apparently somewhat randomly) just stops displaying the
images.  You can left-mouse-click and it _will_ seem to still be sequencing
thru the rest of the JPEGs in the directory (according to the titles shown
at the top on the gthumb window) but the only thing that actually displays
is a big grey empty window.

========

As regards to problem #1 above, I really would like to help out, and at least
get some more data relating to this one before I report it formally.  But
I'm ignorant, so I need someone to help me out here... How exactly does one
go about compiling a port... such as firefox... both _with_ the -g (debug)
option and also _without_ any -O option(s)?  What's the Right Procedure?

I'm looking at the file: /usr/ports/www/firefox35/Makefle and it just isn't
immediately obvious to me where/how to make these adjustments.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
rfg