eggdbus calls xsltproc with -nonet: how is that supposed to work?

Jeremy Messenger mezz.freebsd at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 19:37:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Jeremy Messenger
<mezz.freebsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Paul Beard <paulbeard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 29, 2010, at 10:02 AM, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>
>>> I can't reproduce it. It ran perfect fine here, so to our tinderboxes
>>> and pointyhat.
>>

>> How could xsltproc -nonet possibly work? It makes a request for a networked resource with the network explicitly disabled. If this command is specified as part of the build, it shouldn't work anywhere: "WORKSFORME" would never apply. If it isn't in the build process everywhere, what are the criteria that turn it on or off?
>>
>> Your example doesn't show if/how the file being used as the stylesheet is made available. Again, if it's not present on the local filesystem and it cannot be fetched, how can it work? If you have it on the local filesystem, as I did when I re-ran the build after I saw why it was failing, of course it worked.
>
> ------------------------------
> % xsltproc -v -nonet
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
> eggdbus-binding-tool.xml
<snip>

Here's full log if you still want to see it. Here's what I have done:

------------------------------
# cd /usr/ports/devel/eggdbus
# make extract
===>  License check disabled, port has not defined LICENSE
===>  Extracting for eggdbus-0.6_1
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for eggdbus-0.6.tar.gz.
# ls
Makefile.am               Makefile.in               eggdbus-binding-tool.xml
# cd work/eggdbus-0.6/docs/man
xsltproc -v -nonet
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
eggdbus-binding-tool.xml >& log.txt
# ls
Makefile.am               eggdbus-binding-tool.1    log.txt

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/log.txt

--
mezz.freebsd at gmail.com - mezz at FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team