error compiling vim in ports

Jeremy Messenger mezz.freebsd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 20:40:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Tony Waria <tonywaria at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting following error when trying to compile vim. Any help is
> appreciated.

The error log said that you have old Python and you need to upgrade your Python.

> Thanks.
>

> checking whether Python support is requested... checking whether
> /usr/local/bin/python2.4 version >= 2.5... configure: error: too old

Here, it's what it has said all. Be sure to read in the
/usr/ports/UPDATING before you try to update any of installed ports.

mezz.freebsd at gmail.com - mezz at FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome at FreeBSD.org