FreeBSD Port: gdm-2.30.5_1

Troels Just troels at troelsjust.dk
Wed Dec 15 15:58:26 UTC 2010

Greetings maintainers of GNOME on FreeBSD.

I just set up a FreeBSD workstation and I wanted to use GDM + Xfce,
however when I tried starting GDM, it just beeped when I clicked on
my user account, and said some quick error (It was on screen for like
1/4 of a second) that said something like "error initiating ...",
I looked at the prompt and noticed several errors about the file
/usr/local/lib/pam_gnome_keyring.so not existing. I looked around and
I found that I had to install the port security/gnome-keyring as it had
not been pulled in by the GDM dependencies.

I just thought I would bring this to your attention, in case you hear
similar problems.

Thanks for the work all of you do, greatly appreciated! :)

Yours sincerely,

Troels Just, Denmark.