graphics/gdk-pixbuf2 loader.cache issues

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Dec 1 21:38:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 03:32:01PM -0500, Kris Moore wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 07:36:03PM +0100, Koop Mast wrote:
> > On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:11:31 -0500
> > Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:
> >

> > > I'm building a lot of packages which use the new graphics/gdk-pixbuf2 port, and it looks like its
> > > now a requirement that the command "gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache" is run before using
> > > any gdk app, otherwise we get runtime errors such as:
> > > "/usr/local/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache" not found.
> > >
> > > In some cases the apps just stop working at this point, otherwise they may startup but with
> > > missing graphics, screen corruption, etc.
> > >
> > > Since this file seems to be needed now, shouldn't the package automatically run that
> > > command when it installs? Is anybody else seeing this?
> >
> > There is a @exec line in the plist that should run this command. And I just did a small test, and it generated that file when installing from a package. I'm not sure whats going on. The only issue I heard of regarding gdk-pixbuf2 was that the librsvg2 port didn't register its gdk-pixbuf2 module. But I fixed that last week.
>
> I'll do some more digging into this then. It also works for me when I add / remove the package on
> the system, but in my other case it was doing things in a chroot environment, maybe thats causing
> some weirdness somehow :)
>
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software

Ok, I may have solved it here. On our particular builds we are parsing the output of pkg_info -L <>
which naturally doesn't list the auto-generated loaders.cache file. Which in turn meant it
wasn't getting copied over properly. I should be able to fix this locally. Sorry about the noise!

--
Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software