graphics/gdk-pixbuf2 loader.cache issues

Koop Mast kwm at rainbow-runner.nl
Wed Dec 1 18:36:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:11:31 -0500
Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> I'm building a lot of packages which use the new graphics/gdk-pixbuf2 port, and it looks like its
> now a requirement that the command "gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache" is run before using
> any gdk app, otherwise we get runtime errors such as:
> "/usr/local/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache" not found.
>
> In some cases the apps just stop working at this point, otherwise they may startup but with
> missing graphics, screen corruption, etc.
>
> Since this file seems to be needed now, shouldn't the package automatically run that
> command when it installs? Is anybody else seeing this?

There is a @exec line in the plist that should run this command. And I just did a small test, and it generated that file when installing from a package. I'm not sure whats going on. The only issue I heard of regarding gdk-pixbuf2 was that the librsvg2 port didn't register its gdk-pixbuf2 module. But I fixed that last week.

-Koop