ports/146066: [workaround] final link of net-im/empathy fails libhx509.so undefined reference to MD2_Init etc

Andrew Reilly areilly at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 27 02:02:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 01:40:14PM +0000, edwin at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: [workaround] final link of net-im/empathy fails libhx509.so undefined reference to MD2_Init etc

There is an alternative workaround that I added to PR 145769
that also "works".  It seems unnecessary to add MD2
functionality: nothing actually uses it.  The link problem
against /usr/lib/libhx509.so seems to be caused by dangling
symbols from an incomplete excision of MD2 functionality from
the base crypto lib.  My patch completes that excision, and all
of these problems seem to have gone away.  Well, things build
cleanly, and fetchmail (which had the same link failure) is
running fine.

Andrew