print problem after upgrade

AN andy at neu.net
Sat Apr 10 21:16:12 UTC 2010

I just finished upgrading all ports by doing the following:

portsnap fetch update
portupgrade -Pa

The upgrade finished successfully, however I am having a printing problem.
Before the upgrade I was able to see two networked printers and choose
between them, in the General tab of the Print dialog box.  Now, I only
have 2 choices, Print to File, and Print to LPR in the Print dialog box.

Installed I have:
hplip-2.8.2_8
cups-1.4.3

It seems to me like a problem with HPLIP.  Previously I was able to
print to both printers over the network.  Any help is appreciated.