automounting and glabel

Ted Faber faber at isi.edu
Wed Oct 7 16:39:48 UTC 2009

Apparently I sent this to the wrong list before.

hald & nautilus seem to not automount USB memory disks with glabels on
them, even if that label is a single character (no spaces).  Is there
some configuration file I need to change to get the mount to happen?

I didn't include all the debug information, both because I'm not sure
this is a bug, and because I see this behavior over several systems
running either FreeBSD7-STABLE or FreeBSD-8RC1, so it should be easy to
reproduce.

If it's a bug, here's how I can reproduce it:

Insert an unlableled USB memory stick without a glabel but with
an msdos filesystem on it.
Nautilus will mount it.
Unmount it from the menu and make sure it no longer shows up in df
put a glabel on:

$ sudo glabel label A /dev/da0s1a

Pull the drive out, and put it back in.  /dev/label/A and /dev/da0s1
will appear in the FS, but the drive will not be mounted by Nautilus.

$ sudo glabel clear /dev/da0s1

Remove and replace and the drive will mount again.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc