some bugs on upgraded-gnome 2.28

Lingfeng Xiong xionglingfeng at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 05:42:14 UTC 2009

hi all,
i upgrade my gnome 2.26 to gnome 2.28 through portupgrade -a today.but
i found some problems.
1. many icons are lost.for example,the Place - Connect to Server menu
item lost it icon.and also,the System menu lost all its icons.
2.the avant-window-navigator cannot work at all.i upgraded my compiz
with my gnome.but when i run awn,it would give me a error like this:
[bear at bear-freebsd /usr/home/bear]$ avant-window-navigator
launchers unset, setting now

(avant-window-navigator:4315): Gdk-WARNING **: Native Windows wider or
taller than 65535 pixels are not supported
Screen is composited.
APPLET : /usr/local/share/avant-window-navigator/applets/taskman.desktop
The program 'avant-window-navigator' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 883 error_code 11 request_code 53 minor_code 0)
[bear at bear-freebsd /usr/home/bear]$

i have tried both avant-window-navigator and
avant-window-navigator-gnome.i also recompiler them,but it took no
effect.
3.the chinese characters in the title become very very..............ugly....
when i was still using gnome 2.26,i can select Wenquanyi as default
fonts.this would make all fonts shown clear.but now,although i select
Wenquanyi,it still very ugly...
thx all