libxslt port build problem

Colin colin at southportweb.co.uk
Sun Nov 8 18:19:04 UTC 2009

Kevin Oberman wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 11:59:16 +0000
>> From: Colin <colin at southportweb.co.uk>
>> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>>
>> Hi,
>> I've been unable to upgrade libxslt for a while on my installation of
>> FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-p12
>> It always tells me the following:
>>
>> checking for libxml libraries >= 2.6.27... configure: error: Version
>> 2.6.23 found. You need at least libxml2 2.6.27 for this version of libxslt
>>
>> I can find no information on where it is getting the information that
>> 2.6.23 is installed because pkg_info shows only libxml2-2.7.6 (the
>> current port) as installed.
>>
>> I don't really know anything about libxml2 so I assume there's some
>> leftover bits from an old version somewhere..can you point me in the
>> right direction to clean it up?
>>

> Just 'portupgrade -f libxml2' should do the trick. (Or what every tool
> you would use to force the re-installation of a port). Then upgrade
> libxslt. At least this has worked for me.

Thanks for the reply Kevin,
I have already done a full rebuild including recompiling libxml however I didn't use portupgrade. I've just tried the way you say and that has unfortunately not made any difference.

Oh and as a side note, are there any archived for this list? The FreeBSD Gnome page lists freebsd-gnome and has a search box that points to a Russian site but I was wondering if there's a browseable archive?

Cheers,
Colin.