could not find Python headers

Bogdan Kosandyak bogdan.kosandyak at life.com.ua
Fri Nov 6 16:57:04 UTC 2009

Hi,

My OS - FreeBSD 7.2, I have installed kde4.

I had a problem during gnome 2-2.26.3 installation.

Process of installation of gnome finished with error in moment of
py-dbus installation.

It says "could not find Python headers".

I have installed phython2.6.2 I try reinstalled it - nothing.

I reinstalled and updated ports tree.

Cleaned and reinstalled phython2.6.2 and other component again - nothing

I used gnomelogylazer.sh - "The cause of your build failure is not
known..."

I could not find solution for this problem in your sources and other
internet links.

This is example of  errors:

checking for /usr/local/bin/python2.6 script directory...
${prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages

checking for /usr/local/bin/python2.6 extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages

checking for Python headers using /usr/local/bin/python2.6-config
--includes... -I/usr/local/include/python2.6
-I/usr/local/include/python2.6

checking whether those headers are sufficient... no

configure: error: could not find Python headers

===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from

"http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose
the

problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer
cannot

solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at

gnome at FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)

"/usr/ports/devel/py-dbus/work/dbus-python-0.83.0/config.log", (b) the
output

of the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it
might

be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
system

(i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,

copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1)
with

the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list

(gnome at FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists
are

usually discarded by the mailing list software.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/py-dbus.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/accessibility/orca.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2.

Please, help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

BK