GDM users list

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Mon May 11 00:48:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> This is the problem.  Your /etc/passwd entry contains a '&' which makes
> for bad XML.  Replace this character with a real name for your user, and
> this problem should go away.

This doesn't seem to be the problem. I removed the & from /etc/passwd from
the regular user and root, and restarted X. The errors are still in the
logfile, and only the "logcheck system user" and "other" in GDM.

Marco

--
If ever the pleasure of one has to be bought by the pain of the other,
there better be no trade. A trade by which one gains and the other loses