ports/134394: Missing dependency on docbook_to_man (1.0_1) in sysutils/gnome-power-manager 2.24.4_4

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun May 10 19:57:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, 10 May 2009 13:26:47 -0500, Matthew Lam <tofu.dev at blue.gismo.ca>
wrote:

> Sure,
> I haven't ran perl-after-upgrade yet.  I'm also in the midst of
> installing
> gnome2 (with many package install problems -- which eventually led to
> this
> one) if that's relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> Matthew
>
> ----
> ciel# ls /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
> /usr/local/lib/perl5:
> 5.8.8           5.8.9           site_perl
>
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl:
> 5.8.8   5.8.9

Thanks for the output, yes, you did the Perl upgrade. It's why your port
can't find some stuff, because some of Perl files are still in the 5.8.8
while the files are searching for the Perl files in the 5.8.9. You might
want to stop the GNOME install and do the Perl first. It should solves
your GNOME installation.

> ciel# pkg_info
<snip>

> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 09 May 2009 22:29:46 -0500, Matthew Lam <tofu.dev at blue.gismo.ca>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi mezz,
>>>
>>> I never did a Perl upgrade.  The problem is not that
>>> gnome-power-manager
>>> depends on docbook2man, rather that docbook2man was already installed
>>> on
>>> the
>>> system when the build failed.  The build only worked after
>>> docbook-to-man
>>> was installed.  You can see in the logs that docbook-utils is already
>>> installed.  That's not the problem.  The problem is something else is
>>> missing.  Either docbook-to-man or one of it's dependencies.
>>> So, I stand by my conclusion that docbook-to-man is a missing
>>> dependency.
>>>
>>> Can you point out the entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING where you think I
>>> wasn't
>>> folli
>>>

>> Can you show the output of 'ls /usr/local/lib/perl5
>> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl' and 'pkg_info'? Thanks.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mezz
>>

>>  Thanks,
>>> Matthew
>>>
>>> On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM, <mezz at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Synopsis: Missing dependency on docbook_to_man (1.0_1) in

>> --
>> mezz7 at cox.net  -  mezz at FreeBSD.org
>> FreeBSD GNOME Team
>> http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/  -  gnome at FreeBSD.org