Epiphany cannot use all plugins

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed May 6 11:51:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 05 May 2009 23:54:13 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 11:22 +0800, Eric L. Chen wrote:
>> can.
>> >
>> > Unless you've built epiphany using libxul, it uses the Firefox 2.0
>> > Gecko, and the two are not compatible.
>>
>> I didn't build/install firefox 2. Epiphany, totem and moonlight built
>> with libxul.
>> Then I found some plugins are not work, so install firefox3 to verify
>> problem, but firefox3 can use all plugins.
>
> Could be a Gecko thing, then.  Contact the gecko team.

Actually, it's epiphany port issue. I can try to fix it this evening
unless someone beat me. Here is a problem:

www/epiphany/Makefile:
------------------------------
	@${REINPLACE_CMD} -e
's|/lib/mozilla/plugins"|/lib/browser_plugins/symlinks/gecko18"|' \
		${WRKSRC}/embed/mozilla/mozilla-embed-single.cpp

It's hardcore, so need to add a check if it uses libxul then switch to
gecko19. For now, Eric, you can edit by change from 'gecko18' to 'gecko19'
then reinstall epiphany and let us know if it works for you. I won't be
able to test it in runtime since I still have GNOME 2.24.2, old xorg and
etc. But I still can test by 'make patch' and commit it.

> Joe
>

>> /Eric
>> >
>> > Joe

FreeBSD GNOME Team