about last gnome-terminal patches (cwd on new)

barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Mon May 4 23:38:37 UTC 2009

I'm talking about the cwd patches.
I prefer the old behaviour, but no problem, I can get used to that.
But that's why I hate gnome-terminal on most linux distributions right now :).

Another minor annoyance after moving to 2.26 is the cwd on a new tab/window after running su:

[bar at satanasso:~]$ su -
Password:
satanasso#
... after ctrl+n or ctrl+t, on the new window or tab
[bar at satanasso:/]$ pwd
/

I was seeing this before the last set of patches (at least with 2.26.1). Guaranteed.

What's funny is that's apparently happening only with the first gnome-terminal opened!
Opening another gnome-terminal and doing the same sequence of operations on that one results in a "expected" behaviour.

Could it be caused by something in my shell initialization files?
Or is anyone else seeing that?

I think that I can live with that too, it's just for curiosity...

Regards
Barbara